I'm always striving to help others in anyway possible, I put myself out and go that extra mile to ensure I help anybody no matter what the circumstances.
It was back in October when somebody who is going to rename nameless contacted me and asked for help.
This person 'unknown' had disabilitys and wanted to run the London Marathon for charity. I asked her how much running she had done and it was then I realized it was probably minimal. I thought then that this was going to be a hard task for her to embark upon. Never the less I told her I wasn't trained and could only help and advise from my experiences.
She was just grateful of any help together we used the official London beginner's forum and the https://my.asics.com/uk/en-gb. Website's and together we got a plan sorted. She is now working through this and had so far ran 10miles. 0-10 miles from October to end of Jan is incredible on my eyes.
Unknown, texts, phones and contacts me regularly and I help and give the praise that is deserved! I sometimes think that she is not going to accomplish and that it could be dangerous and I have expressed my concerns with her but she is determined to continue.
When she is texting me I constantly remind myself what it feels like to be achieving personal bests everytime you run l, you just want to tell the world and that's great, I'm here to listen.
The fact is she is achieving what she though was impossible, and is extremely well, she is happy and enjoying herself and whilst I think it's dangerous for her to be running London Marathon in her months of running I also happy to be appart of it, it makes me feel worthy and keeps me plodding on with my own training plan through the good and bad!
No comments:
Post a Comment